Tuesday 9 October 2012

Accessorize Blush in Scandal


After spending years hating the 'baked' form of products I recently had a change of heart. They look too good in the pan not to fall in love, aren't they? They sort of reminded me of the Heavenly Creatures Collection from MAC with the swirls and mixes of colour.

The shade I have is Scandal, a pink toned blush which is such a lovely girly colour. I can lightly dust this over the apples of my cheeks for a daytime look, bring out more of the shimmer for a more glamorous evening look. This blusher is really pigmented, I was pleasantly surprised. I love the shimmer it's not too full on and I think it really brightens the face and looks beautiful in photographs. I had doubts as to whether this would actually stand up as a good quality, long lasting product, or if the pretty shade in a pretty box was all it was. I was definitely wrong, this blush lasts a good 6-8 hours on my skin without a setting spray and the texture is lovely and smooth as it is applied.
As you can see, it's not as burgundy as it looks in the pan but I think it could probably be built up to a deep pink if that is what you are aiming for.

I like the packaging, one of those plastic snappy cases (some people may call cheap) but I actually prefer this style sometimes because I know that they close properly. A transparent lid to see the colour of the blush and the butterflies are cute which I think appeals to the more girly amongst us.
I picked mine up at Superdrug for around the £4 mark, sorry I cannot seem to find this product on the Superdrug website so can't add a direct link. I do know that this will last me as I've been using this blush nearly every day for about a month and haven't even started to make a dent in the pan so I am definitely going to pick up some more shades soon.

Have you tried any Accessorize makeup?
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

That you for visiting my blog!
I appreciate all of your comments, and welcome any questions and blog requests that you may have.
Feel free to email me buttonsbows_@hotmail.com
I reply to all comments and emails that I receive :)

© Buttons and Bows X. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig