Friday 19 October 2012

Products I Regret Buying

In the blogging/Youtube world it is very easy to get caught up all the hype that surrounds some products, which as a beauty lover, is very bad for my bank balance. 
 But sometimes its nice to take a step back from all the positive, love love love attitude and find out what not to waste any money on.  These are my personal opinions so I don't mean to cause offence as I know that there are people that probably swear by each of these products.
Boujois Chocolate Bronzer
This has to be the biggest let down for me out of all the products I've ever bought. The main problem is getting any of the product onto the brush; I’ve used various types and brands of brushes on this bronzer but it refuses to leave the pan.  In order to get anything I have to scrape the top layer off with my nail, then swirl a brush to get even a light dusting. Even then it isn’t all it’s cracked up to be.  I just do not understand as people rave about this bronzer.
Revlon Lip Butters
Revlon lip butters exploded on to the scene a while back, and I, like everyone and their mother, rushed out to buy one. I was thinking about dedicating a whole post about these but I thought I might as well include it in here instead. I hate the packaging, it's cheap, flimsy and feels like it's going to break as soon as you try to use it. As for the product itself, I'm not a fan of chunks of glitter in my lip products, well any products at all really, and they didn't actually do much for my lips, moisturising wise. I find the colour selection also to be a bit poor as I don't really see much variety within the shades.
Cacao Butter
Cacao butter is raved about none stop as being one of the best moisturisers on the market, I wish I hadn’t bought such a big bottle.  The smell is too overwhelming, I only have to pump a small amount onto my hand and my tummy turns inside out.  I normally don’t mind products that have a smell, but it’s too sweet and sickly. This is a shame because I like the consistency and do believe it is actually a very good product.  I’m not a big fan of the ear wax yellow colour of it either but I would be willing to put up with that, but that smell is too much.  There is a fragrance free version, but I think I’ve been put off too much.
Boujois Little Round Blush
  These blushers reach some people's top favourites, but to me I have the same problem as the bronzer, it's hard to get any product out of the pan. Even if I'm lucky enough to swatch a little, it just shears out to next to nothing.  Sadly, a waste of my time. I did have my reservations about the blushers because I have tried the eyeshadows and I’m not a fan of those either (which is why I have never purchased any).  I really like Boujois liquid products, but for some reason I find their powder products have very little pigmentation.
Tea Tree Cleanser
Tea tree is known to be good at fighting spots, which I do agree with.  The reason why it is so good is because tea tree dries the spot and stops any moisture spreading over the skin.  Lovely, you might think.  Maybe not, because when using this cleanser and toner the major flaw is that it is placed all over the face, drying the whole face not solely on the affected areas.  Friends and I have had the same problem with this product resulting in my face having patches of dry skin and the area around my eyes becoming so dry my skin used to flake, (Yeah, that’s right, I’m a stunner).  So cleansers and toners of Tea Tree is a big no no in my books. However, on the other hand I have a tea tree stick which is used only on the spot, which I think is worth a purchase or two. Also since purchasing this product, the packaging has changed so this product no longer looks like this.


I definitely prefer doing positive posts, but I don't  want to fool you into thinking that everything you buy will be amazing. And remember that products that work for one person, may not work for another. Please take all these opinions as a result of my own personal experience.
More positiveness shall now be resumed.

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

That you for visiting my blog!
I appreciate all of your comments, and welcome any questions and blog requests that you may have.
Feel free to email me buttonsbows_@hotmail.com
I reply to all comments and emails that I receive :)

© Buttons and Bows X. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig