Wednesday 7 November 2012

MUA Eyeshadow Trio

I'm going to start this series with one of my more recent purchases. This eyeshadow trio to me looks very similar to the Bourjois eyeshadow trio, don't you think?  I am so annoyed that I bought a Bourjois trio just before the MUA ones were launched, as these are so much better.
Firstly, the pigmentation is amazing.  Sometimes I find that very shimmery eyeshadows don't have a very good colour payoff, the shimmer stays but not necessarily the colour underneath which can be a pain. But I did not find that problem with this trio at all. They blend very nicely together and I really the shades that have been put together. There is also a small diagram on the back of how to combine the colours together into a smoky eye look.

The packaging doesn't excite me but it's ok.  What I do find weird though is that the case opens sidewards. So as you see the product in the picture above, the top flaps open to the right not upwards.  Very strange! But I think how is it compact so handy for travelling.
Like so many other people I chose this particular shade range as I wanted to use the light pink as a highlight colour for my brow and inner duct of my eye. I thought that would be the shade that I would use most, but actually I really enjoy using the darker pink shade.  

These are so nice to work with, transfer on to the skin smoothly and feel soft but without feeling or smelling chalky. Even though the shades I have are metallic with shimmer I haven't found that these produce a lot of fallout if any. I have been using a primer with these shadows, as I do with all my eyeshadows, but I did go one day without use any primer and found that these creased after about 4/5 hours so not bad for evening use but I think to wear these all day without a primer may lead to some fading.

The best bit though, has to be the price, these are available from Superdrug for £2.50, I have already got my eye on 2 or 3 other shades that I want to try too.  
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Thanks for the review! I did a review on this but I don't have these colours. I really like the colours you chose. Perfect for Autumn! x

    http://kreamiblush.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read your post and the blue shades look lovely. I might get that one next if I decide to get anymore :) x

      Delete
  2. I have this Mua trio and I have to say that they really do crease quite badly on me! I do love the colours though but tend to only use them to highlight or lighten other eyeshadows. I think this is mainly because of how hooded my eyes are though! x

    Angelica [One Little Vice]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no that's a shame, to be honest I thought they would crease straight away on me. I always try to use a primer, I think it makes the colour stand out more as well as longer lasting :) x

      Delete

That you for visiting my blog!
I appreciate all of your comments, and welcome any questions and blog requests that you may have.
Feel free to email me buttonsbows_@hotmail.com
I reply to all comments and emails that I receive :)

© Buttons and Bows X. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig