Tuesday 3 December 2013

The Christmas Tag

1. Do you prefer a real or a synthetic tree?
We always had a real tree up until a few years ago, with a real tree I love the smell and the whole saga about which tree to get. But to be honest I don't miss getting the needles stuck in my foot when I go downstairs in the middle of the night to get a drink.  Always when you least expect it!  So probably synthetic you always know it's going to fit in the front room.

2.You're in a coffee shop it's December, what do you pick?
Ooh interesting, I really want to try the Black Forest Hot Chocolate from Costa.  I'll Instagram it if I get a chance to try it ;)

3.What's your favourite colour scheme for decorating the tree?
I really like red and gold they seems the most festive to me.  But I like to have odd little ornaments scattered around the tree such as my homemade bauble that I designed when I was 8.  My mum always puts it to the back but I try to sneak it forward every year.  Also there has always been a strict ban in my house, no tinsel on the tree.  My mum is a true Christmas tree snob, and she admits it :) So I cannot wait for when I own my own tree, there is going to be tinsel of all the colours of the rainbow on it. (Sorry mum)

4. Giving or Receiving?
Who can say they don't like receiving presents? But then again, who can say they don't enjoy the look on that person's face when they open up the gift that you have given them?  Now I am older and work full time, I spend so much of my free time researching and organising presents, it's the reason I now get excited for Christmas. Cringe, let's move on.
5. To Mince pie or not?
Sadly I hate mince pies, I try them every year thinking that someone may have reinvented them, but no it never happens.   It doesn't stop me from enjoying all the other obligatorily biscuits, sweets and chocolates that come with Christmas.  Jheez Christmas is such hard work.

6. What's Your Traditional Christmas Lunch?
Turkey and all the trimmings, and every year my mum cooks too much.  Once my dad bought a turkey that was bigger than the oven, there are only four of us.
7. Christmas Day Fashion?
Pajamas! This year I plan to wear my festive fleece pajama bottoms with my polar bear Christmas jumper.  Would never believe I work in fashion.

8. What's Your Favourite Christmas Song?
Driving home for Christmas, I think it comes from my love of American Christmas films.  They always play that song when the dad can't make it home in time, or so they think!
9. What's Your Favourite Christmas Film?
Miracle on 34th Street, the 1994 one. Need I say more?

10. Open Presents Before or After Lunch?
Before! Before! If I ever make it till I'm old and grey, I still will never sleep the night before Christmas.  I don't know how anyone does.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

That you for visiting my blog!
I appreciate all of your comments, and welcome any questions and blog requests that you may have.
Feel free to email me buttonsbows_@hotmail.com
I reply to all comments and emails that I receive :)

© Buttons and Bows X. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig