Wednesday 10 April 2013

Makeup to Go - Work/College Face

This post is about quick makeup, what I literally throw on my face when I'm in a rush.
Basically I'm waking up when I should already be at work/school and panic sets in.
I am also trying to get my makeup looking as best as I can and as long lasting as possible as this is what I do for when I have a long day ahead of me.
There is quite a lot of products here but it takes me 3 to 5 minutes to apply all of them depending on what coverage I want that day.

Foundation - I've chosen this foundation purely on the shade as I have been fake tanning recently. If I'm in a rush I would pick up the foundation that I knew would match my skin tone the best as I don't have extra time to blend it out perfectly and don't want the tell tell line on my neck. If all my foundations matched me perfectly I would pick the one which was the longest lasting.

Concealer - Always got to make time to cover up any nasty spots and highlight under the eye area.  I personally like to spend more time on my base than anything else so if I'm lucky enough to have a good skin day, this whole routine would be done really quickly.

Powder - I normally like to use a primer to help my makeup stay put rather than powders.  They can take time though, especially if like me, you wait 5 minutes for it to be completely sinked into the skin before applying anything on top.  Powder is definitely a quick alternative and you can just top up throughout the day.

Eyes - I quickly fill in my brows.  Nowadays I can't leave the house without my brows filled in, even if its only slightly.  I think this makes such a big difference to my face.  Mascara will always be my enemy, I know it doesn't last more than 10 minutes before my lashes are weighed down so I would apply this as quickly as possible.

Cheeks - I take a big fluffy face brush and bronze with my Laguna Bronzer where a contour would normally be.  I would then take a long lasting blush and apply that to the tops of my cheek bones.

Lips - I have dry cracked lips so I would choose something that is moisturising and isn't going to show my lips for what they are.  I love these 17 lipsticks, but a tinted balm would also work in a rush.

So that is my face when I am in a rush, and trust me it happens all the time. There is going to be a few more posts with this theme so let me know if you liked this idea.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

That you for visiting my blog!
I appreciate all of your comments, and welcome any questions and blog requests that you may have.
Feel free to email me buttonsbows_@hotmail.com
I reply to all comments and emails that I receive :)

© Buttons and Bows X. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig