Tuesday 19 March 2013

Rituals Hand Balm - Ginkgo's Secret

Today I am reviewing Rituals Ginkgo's Secret Extra Rich and Repairing Hand Balm which retails for £10 for 75ml, but I got mine with a 25% discount. 
Firstly I would like to apologize for the state of this product, my blogging ways still haven't got any better and should really know by now to photograph a product before putting it in my handbag for it to be bullied by all the rubbish in there.
Way back in November I was in Rituals buying a present for my mum and I was having a sniff around. As you do. And I ended up leaving with a brand new hand cream.  I don't know how it happened to be honest as I'm not really a massive hand cream fan. 
Anyway, I believe I was taken in by the scent. It smells AMAZING, like not even like oohh this is alright. No! A-MAZ-ING! You know when you see holidays being advertised and there is always someone being massaged? This is how I imagine that massage to smell. Ok, bit weird but you get what I mean. Not at all overpowering the scent is more elegant than anything. 
Quality wise I think this holds its ground. It is rich, thick and creamy which sinks into the skin beautifully and doesn't leave that annoying sticky residue. My hands always feel so soft after using this product, it definitely soothes rough, dry skin. I love the packaging as well. Simple yet really effective. Also, who doesn't like it when skincare comes in a box?

This cream contains Ginseng, which according to the box is a symbol for immortality, I am assuming this is what the healing ingredient is, and Ginkgo Biloba which is used to strengthen the blood vessels. I used to keep this in my handbag, as I mentioned, but now I keep this by my bed and apply it every night before going to sleep. I feel I get better results this way as our bodies work the most at night repairing skin cells and all that lovely stuff it does for us. So due to the fact it has healing ingredients, logically I think it should be used to aid our natural healing process.

I haven't tried too many things from Rituals but what I have tried, I have loved. Their products are so luxurious, I think they are perfect as gifts or even to treat yourself.  I really love the Pink range too called Ayurveda (good luck asking for that). A brilliant thing about Rituals is that they always seem to have some form of offer going on.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

That you for visiting my blog!
I appreciate all of your comments, and welcome any questions and blog requests that you may have.
Feel free to email me buttonsbows_@hotmail.com
I reply to all comments and emails that I receive :)

© Buttons and Bows X. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig