Tuesday 3 July 2012

Monthly Favourites - June

June has been a very busy month for me and these are the products that I have reached for the most.  In May I decided I wanted to try and sort out my skin care routine because I do sometimes neglect my skin and dare I say it, I don’t always take my make-up off before I go to bed.


Therefore, I’m going to start with my favourite of my skin care routine.  My daily moisturiser is La Roche-Posay Hydreane Light  which I love, not just because it works and my skin feels better than ever, but the consistency is perfect which, for me, is very unusual for a light moisturiser.   Normally I find them a little bit watery and don’t feel they actually work, whereas with my La Roche-Posay you can feel it settle into your skin and notice a difference.  The other thing I love about this cream, is the smell, hands down the best smelling cream I own, when I open the bottle I forget I bought this from Boots for £14.30, so luxurious and fresh, but not strong so that it lingers after its been applied to the face. 





Second moisturiser is Garnier Intensive 7 Days Daily Body Lotion with calming HONEY for Sensitive Skin. This moisturiser claims that it will keep your skin soft for 7 days, after applying it for 4 weeks, my skin felt hydrated after just a few days.  The lotion absorbs really quickly so there’s no need to hang about before getting dressed, and has a lovely honey smell which lasts for hours.  There are five different variants for a range of skin types which all have their own fragrances.  I use my body butters religiously but my Garnier body lotion, for the moment has definitely taken their place at only £4.99 for 400ml.

I’ve used exfoliaters on and off for years but mainly before I fake tan to remove any dry or dead skin cells.  But recently I’ve been using them just because I love how they leave my skin so smooth and I think my shower gels are more moistening after use especially on my arms.  I can’t decide which body scrub I prefer out of Soap Glory Flake Away and Cocoa Butter Cream Body Scrub both work so well to transform your skin to be so silky smooth which I haven’t found in other scrubs.  I will be doing a more in-depth review on these products as well as other Soap & Glory and Body Shop products.



This is definitely my favourite product of this month and maybe even of the year so far  L'Oreal Rouge Caresse Lipstick, I stumbled upon these on the Boots website and saw these had a high rating and good reviews so next time I was out shopping I picked up one in Sweet Berry.  Sheer but buildable to create a pop of colour, these just glide on so softly they leave you rubbing your lips together, maybe that’s just me.  Light weight and moistening I ran back and picked up 4 more, slowly I want to buy all of the different colours because since buying my first Caresse lipstick, I haven’t used any other,  including forgetting about my MAC lipsticks and I would always choose these over the Revlon Lip Butters.  As much as this pains me to say it, this would not be fair if I didn’t point out one small criticism.  You do have to reapply these more often than many other lipsticks which for some people will be a big no no!  But I actually don’t mind this, the application of these lipsticks will never get old for me I love this product and would recommend to anyone.  At the moment Superdrug is doing 3 for 2 in L’oreal products or £7.99 each from Boots.



 Next, a brush, Coastal Scents Flat Top Kabuki Brush which I purchased from Ebay in the 22 Brush Set and is by far the best brush I’ve ever tried for applying foundation.  I know everyone keeps saying about the Samantha Chapman brushes but since using and falling in love with this brush the immediate need for the Real Techniques brushes has, for now, been suppressed.  When I use this brush I get a flawless base, whether I use a light coverage or a fuller coverage foundation, and due to this I'm starting to come round to thinking that it is the brushes that make a high quality makeup look.  Saying that, this brush proves that you don’t need to throw £30 at a MAC counter for one brush, you can pay half of that and achieve the same beautiful effect.  Probably the softest brush I own and when I went back and used my ELF Powder Brush, I couldn’t believe how rough it was I have been completely converted.  The only downside to this brush is that where it is so dense it sucks in a lot of product into the bristles so a waste of product, however, I slightly dampen the ends to stop it absorbing my foundation.



Eyebrow pencils are another product that when I use get into the habit of using powder I completely forget how good and precise a pencil is and Rimmel Professional Eye Brow Pencil is one of the best I’ve used.  The dark brown colour I use is not the perfect colour for me but the brush on the end just adds to making a more natural filled in brow.  This month I don’t even think I’ve picked up my normal ELF brow set that I have used day in day out for a good year or so, and think the pencil application is quicker.  Sometimes this pencil makes me wish that I could just change my eyebrow colour whenever I wish, just so I could collect all the colours of these pencils.



I have a love-hate relationship with doing my nails, I love what they look like afterwards, but it’s hard for me to find the time to sit down and do my nails.  I also get really impatient waiting for my nails to grow to a normal length so I use false nails and these Boots French Nails are brilliant to pop on with Nailene Ultra quick glue and you’re good to go.  Due to the fact I have been gifted with weirdly small hands, I use the extra small pink nails and think these give a beautiful nature look to the nails.  The longevity of most false nails depends on lots of different factors but mainly how you treat your hands.  For example someone who works with their hands a lot or their hands are constantly in water the nails are more likely to come off easier than someone who isn’t heavy handed and take care not to knock or weaken the nails.  Another thing is the glue that is used, Boots own nails glue I definitely would not recommend, however Nailene Ultra Quick Nail Glue which is only £2.80 and even though the bottle is little it will last a very long time, it’s really strong and as the name suggests, very quick drying.  False nails normally last 5 days without any coming off at all, but when one or two do I reapply them and they last another couple of days, then I remove all of the nails.

Thanks for reading... But shh remember... It’s a secret
x
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. love the soap & glory scrub! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It smells amazing doesn't it? I want to try The Breakfast
      Scrub next :)

      Delete
  2. the brush looks great...i think i will try this one.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is sold in the 22 brush set and also on its own, definitely worth trying out!

      Delete

That you for visiting my blog!
I appreciate all of your comments, and welcome any questions and blog requests that you may have.
Feel free to email me buttonsbows_@hotmail.com
I reply to all comments and emails that I receive :)

© Buttons and Bows X. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig