Thursday 7 February 2013

La Roche Posay Moisturer Light

I picked this La Roche-Posay Hydreane Light moisturiser up way back in the Summer and it quickly took its seat in my daily routine. I think it appeared in a favourites at some point as well. La Roche Posay is a French brand but is readily available in Boots.
 A word of warning, obviously the majority of the writing is in French and can be very daunting as it was to me. I don't speak French and I'm not a master of skincare so it could have gone very wrong. Also being on the more expensive side of high street brands, it is probably very easy to spend a lot of money on products that are not suited to your skin type. I even did a bit of research first and I still got to the counter and thought it all looked the same. Just a general warning really, it might just be me though.
Unlike most other highstreet moisturisers this one can found in it's own box, which for me automatically makes it feel more up market. The next thing that sets this apart from other face creams that can be found in Boots is the scent. Not, fruity or floral (not that I dislike those scents) but this moisturiser has a more professional smell to it. Some people would say that products for sensitive skin should be scentless, but I haven't had any problems with this product breaking me out or anything, so I think it's down to personal preference.
The brand can be used with any skin type but this particular product is for normal to combination skin, I have normal to dry so I maybe didn't get the best results. I still found this to be a lovely moisturiser, it is so light and sinks into the skin quickly, so I use it in the mornings before applying my makeup. It is really very smooth and thin so anyone that prefers a normal or heavy moisturiser I would go for regular formula. 

I like this more as a summer moisturiser, due to my dry skin, over the Winter I have been reaching for something with a bit more of a kick to stop dry patches from appearing. In the Summer this always left my skin feeling hydrated and soft. For the normal price of £11 for 40ml I don't think it is too bad for this product. I don't think this is the star of the range by any means but if you are in the market for a moisturiser like this, then I would recommend it.

I probably wouldn't repurchase this product as I want to try other face moisturisers out and I don't think this is the perfect one for me. However, I am looking forward to using this more as we enter the warmer months and I don't regret picking it up. In Boots there are currently discounts on La Roche-Posay products.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

That you for visiting my blog!
I appreciate all of your comments, and welcome any questions and blog requests that you may have.
Feel free to email me buttonsbows_@hotmail.com
I reply to all comments and emails that I receive :)

© Buttons and Bows X. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig