Tuesday 7 August 2012

GlossyBox - July

As most of you probably know GlossyBox is a subscription service that issues you with a box of products each month.  The products can be a mixture of high end and drugstore, normally of sample size but sometimes there are full sized products too.  I want to mention that I am not affiliated with GlossyBox nor an ambassador for the company.

I'm sure a lot of people are aware of the disappointment that was the June box last month, and as my first ever beauty box you can understand why it was too painful to blog about.  Also, the reason I am only blogging about this now is because I have been receiving my boxes at the very end of the month so I sort of already know what's coming my way before I open it. Stupid me being so nosey with other blogs. Anyway, I thought I would show what I received last month in the festival box.


HD Brow Kit
If I remember correctly this was featured in nearly a year ago in September's Glossybox and the whole beauty community and their mother loved it. I too am a big fan, not only because my brows look amazing and stay put all day, but this handy little palette can double up as an eyeshadow quad.  Mine is in Foxy which is the brunette version, quite handy, but I do have to mix the darker and the lighter brown shades together to get my perfect brow colour.

Monu Golden Glow
This looks a little scary as it is bright yellow but claims that with Shea Butter, Vitamin E and essential oils it can leave moisturised, natural-looking tan within 3-5 hours. I might be brave and try a little on my face to see what glow I can get from this. I hope this works out well, I'll keep you posted on how I get on with this. 

Clynol Enrich Colour Shampoo
Firstly, I'd like to point out this is shampoo for coloured hair, I keep my natural hair so this is when you can tell GlossyBox doesn't read the beauty profils which is a little disappointing. However, this product smells lovely and claims that after 30 washes with this shampoo, 99% of the original colour intensity will remain.  This shampoo will also leave hair with 'diamond-like' shine and resist again damaging and fading.

Jelly Pong Pong Cosmetics Lip Frosting
This is advertised as being a lip and cheek product, I actually think it's slightly too thick for a cheek product and could be quite cakey. But as a lip product this smells and feels great on the lips, not the longest lasting product on the market but I really enjoy using this. Due to this being a multipurpose product it comes in a tube which can be a bit finicky when using as a lip product as too much product comes out. I can live with it though.

Elizabeth Arden Visible Difference Skin Balancing Line.
I was impressed with the Elizabeth Arden products in this box. The trio of Exfoliating Cleanser, Skin Serum and a second sample of the Lotion was giving as a bonus product, I'm going to take that as an apology for last months box.  I am yet to try these properly but they look great and I feel GlossyBox has started to redeem itself. 

I can't wait to see what next month has instore.
If you wish to subscribe visit the GlossBox site here!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

That you for visiting my blog!
I appreciate all of your comments, and welcome any questions and blog requests that you may have.
Feel free to email me buttonsbows_@hotmail.com
I reply to all comments and emails that I receive :)

© Buttons and Bows X. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig