Friday 17 August 2012

GlossyBox - August

I was pleasantly surprised with Glossy Box this month as my box arrived a couple of days ago, normally mine comes on the last day of the month.  One thing I really like about GlossyBox is how there is always a theme to the boxes, whether you think the products go with the theme is purely personal opinion. This month is International Superstars, I think 'Superstars' may be pushing it a bit but I'll let them off.
I had mixed reactions when I opened this month's box, I looked at the card and there wasn't anything that jumped out at me.  I was only as I started looking at each product that I decided that this actually isn't a bad box.

Alessandro Pro White Original Nail Polish
I can't wait to use this! These types of products are why I subscribed to GlossyBox, I would never have thought of buying a whitening nail varnish, but now I have it, I'm going to give it a test drive and hopefully be reviewing it on here soon.

Valentino - Valentina Assoluto
Perfume samples in beauty boxes really don't float my boat, it's just a way of filling up the box in my opinion.  However,, I do like the fragrance but not for myself, I think this is a more mature scent and I will probably be passing this over to my mum to cop a whiff of.

DHC Deep Cleansing Oil
I love trying new cleansers and this one is described as 'better than any other make-up remover you've ever tried' I hope it lives up to its claim.  If this is as good as I hope, this could be the best product GlossyBox has ever included, so look out for a review.

Vera Valenti L'Ombre a Paupiere Margarita
One of the more disappointing products, which is a shame because Spain has some lovely brands that would have been a better choice.  At £3.85 I would not call this a luxury product that GlossyBox claim to include in the boxes.

Lipcote Lip Sealer
I've never tried a lipstick sealer before so I'm excited to try this out, Lipcote is 'the secret of long lasting, feather fade and water resistant lipstick.'  This is one of the four full sized products in this box and normally retails for £3.99, which also is not really luxury but think this is a better product for the box than the eyeshadow palette. 

GlossyBox Lipstick in Glossy Pink
As the last product listed, I am assuming this has been included as a freebie to promote the GlossyBox brand, which I am not complaining about.  This is a lovely coloured deep nude pink that has a nice texture.  However, as you can see from the picture, it either arrived broken or broke the second I placed it on my lips.  This is such a shame because I think this could have been a step forward for the GlossyBox brand as I love lipsticks and I hope that it is just me that got a dodgy one off.


So all in all I think Glossybox has done quite well this month, six products included with four being full sized!  If you are interested in further reviews of any of the products, once I've properly tried them out, leave a comment below or check back to see if I have posted about them.


If you wish to subscribe visit the GlossyBox site here
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

That you for visiting my blog!
I appreciate all of your comments, and welcome any questions and blog requests that you may have.
Feel free to email me buttonsbows_@hotmail.com
I reply to all comments and emails that I receive :)

© Buttons and Bows X. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig