Saturday 21 January 2017

Tanya Burr 12 Days of Christmas Beauty Calendar



The new year is here, resolutions have been made and fitness goals locked in. On the week of Blue Monday I refuse to let go of Christmas so I want to talk about the Beauty Advent calendar I was lucky enough to receive from my boyfriend this year. Beauty Advent Calendars have really up their game these last few years and there are so many varieties and brands.

As the name suggests Tanya's 12 Days of Christmas consists of 12 doors with Tanya Burr's own cosmetic products behind each one.  I was really excited to try out her brand as I have heard so much about it. As this is Christmas themed there was a lot of glitter and sparkle.  

The best find for me is probably the nail varnishes as they apply nicely, are opaque and lasted well.  I also like the lip products a lot the two glosses are not sticky and provide a good colour payoff.  I wasn't expecting a matte lip colour but the colour is lovely with a soft velvety consistency.

The little mirror and nail file are good additions to a beauty calendar as they are staples in everyone's makeup bag and perfect handbag size.

As mentioned there were products with a lot of sparkle in them which for Christmas is lovely but will probably be the items that I reach for less throughout the year.  I'm not too familiar with glitter liquid eyeliners, but I was pleasantly surprised that glitter was applied and wasn't solely wet liquid across my eye.  The little pots of eye glitter remind me of the old school Barry M Dazzle Dusts, I used MAC fix+ to get a solid colour but generally good payoff without the fix+.

I am really impressed with Tanya's collection for the calendar, and reasonably priced at £15 I think this is a great present to receive. However if you are buying as a present for someone I would be careful about that age range. Anyone that is just getting into more luxury brands might think this is slightly too young for them.

I think the main thing that is brilliant about this calendar are the colours that have been selected, being colour shy its something I always think about when I have seen releases of beauty calendars. Even though there is a Christmas colour palette I feel there was a good mix of silver and gold for the metallic element and a very wearable pink/red that a lot of people could feel comfortable wearing. 
Well done Tan!

The Beauty Calendar along with Tanya Burr Cosmetics are available at Superdrug.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

That you for visiting my blog!
I appreciate all of your comments, and welcome any questions and blog requests that you may have.
Feel free to email me buttonsbows_@hotmail.com
I reply to all comments and emails that I receive :)

© Buttons and Bows X. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig