Tuesday 22 April 2014

The Reverse Hair Wash Technique

I heard about this new inventive way of washing my hair, even the basics need shaking up every now and again. The concept was easy, you wet the hair and apply the condition first, then rinse out and apply the shampoo. This is suppose to combat that horrible, and heavy residue that some conditions leave on the hair after using. I was sceptical about this as I personally use condition to leave my hair feeling soft and shiny, which I don't find many shampoos can achieve.

So I had been using this technique for a good fee weeks and honestly is probably one of the worst ideas I have ever made concerning my hair. It instantly felt dry and dehydrated. It started to become more like wire than soft sleek hair. And the main thing for me was how much more difficult it was to brush my hair. Having a lot of thick hair it's a chore to brush my hair anyway but after mucking about with order of shampoo and conditioner it was the worst it has ever been. I have to admit it may have felt slightly lighter and therefore slightly bouncer but not enough for all the cons it brought with it.

The icing on the cake for me was when I actually forgot to do this as I was staying at a friends house and was rushing to get ready. I reverted back to the original (and best) way of washing my hair. I got out the shower, towel dried my hair quickly and left the majority if it to air dry for my natural curls to form. A got two compliments from friends saying that my hair looked nice, and I hadn't even put any product in it. I am now convinced that by conditioning last my hair will look healthier and generally nicer than by using the reverse technique.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

That you for visiting my blog!
I appreciate all of your comments, and welcome any questions and blog requests that you may have.
Feel free to email me buttonsbows_@hotmail.com
I reply to all comments and emails that I receive :)

© Buttons and Bows X. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig