Tuesday 8 January 2013

New York Goodies

As you might have seen, I was lucky enough to go to New York for 5 nights, and I absolutely loved it. To be honest I preferred the tourist sight seeing activities that we did, to the shopping side.  However, I thought I would share some of the products that I bought over there. 
I'm going to start off with the best bargain place, ever! I got this little lot from a shop called the Cosmetic Market. It is an actual shop, it's not New York's version of Dagenham market of anything. You will fall off your chair when I tell you that I paid about $40 for these products which is under £25. I can't remember the individual prices for everything but a couple of products still have the price on them.
Bobbi Brown Face Touch up Palette - $10
L'Oreal Telescopic Mascara - $4 (the extra one is for my mum)
Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick - $4
Sally Hansen Double Duty Base and Top Coat
Stila Glaze Lip Liner
Bourjois 3D Effect Lipgloss
Essie Nail Polish
When we arrived in the Hotel we weren't allowed to check in for another few hours so we left our bags in the cloakroom facility and headed off to Time's Square. Amongst all the hustle and bustle of the centre of New York, there stood proud, was a lovely little MAC store. I couldn't resist, so within an hour of the taxi dropping us off at our hotel, I was the proud owner of two beautiful lipsticks. Successful first day I would say.
MAC Lipstick - $15
I took a couple of trips to Walgreens I actually wanted some teeth whitening strips but they didn't have the ones that I wanted so I picked up some makeup instead. As you do.  The weird thing about American drugstores is that you can't swatch anything, there are no testers at all.  I would have bought some other bits if I could have seen the colour on my skin.
Crest 3D White Luxe Toothpaste (so exciting)
Maybelline Falsies Flared Mascara - $7
L'Oreal Studio Secrets Anti-Redness Primer
Maybelline Fit Me Blush
Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick
L'Oreal Colour Riche Lipstick
L'Oreal Inflallible Lipstick
Milani Baked Blush
I had to visit Sephora as we don't have one here, it's actually really different to the European ones that I've been in.  Anyway I went in the big one on Time's Square and it was so packed so I didn't get the Nars foundation that I wanted as there wasn't anyone free to colour match me. So that was sad. 
Origins Drink Up 10 Minute Mask (I wanted the overnight one but I couldn't see it)
Benefit PoreFessional Face Primer
Sephora Blush
On one of the days we were out there we went to this outlet centre which is about an hour away from New York, and we expected great things but we didn't really see why people had actually brought suitcases with them to fill up. And trust me they filled them! So I wasn't really that impressed but I don't know if that was just a one off bad season or something. Anyway I did find a couple of gems there. 
Elizabeth Arden Eight hour Cream for the Face - $30
Yankee Candle - $11
YES you read that correctly. These are the large 2 wick candles.
Duty Free. Just because you have to really. I was disappointed that in our terminal there wasn't many other shops apart from the main duty free shop. I wanted to say my final goodbyes to MAC and benefit but oh well.
Thierry Mugler Alien - $48


I really loved New York and would recommend anyone to go there. Even my boyfriend that doesn't like big cities enjoyed it. Not only shopaholics would love it, there is so much more to do.  

SHARE:

6 comments

  1. You picked up some great things. I have always wanted to go to new york. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it's just so amazing. I wanna go back already x

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks, there are some great places for bargains, and obviously Sephora heaven
      xx

      Delete
  3. I want to go to new york so bad.
    Looks like you got some great stuff.

    Do you want to follow each other?

    artofmi3.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think anybody that goes there would love it. Best city in the world :)

      Delete

That you for visiting my blog!
I appreciate all of your comments, and welcome any questions and blog requests that you may have.
Feel free to email me buttonsbows_@hotmail.com
I reply to all comments and emails that I receive :)

© Buttons and Bows X. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig