Saturday 8 September 2012

Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

Since discovering makeup I have always wanted the perfect base. I enjoy a duey look for during the day, but if I'm going out at night I prefer a matte base and add any shimmer within my blush or eyeshadow. Everybody looks for different things in a foundation, for me, matte finish, medium coverage without being cakey, and the longevity to last all night is what I'm looking for.

If you've seen a review on this foundation before, there may be something different. Rimmel recently changed the packaging from a plastic tube to a more sophisticated glass bottle, with a pump may I add.  This is more hygienic, makes less of a mess and you use less as well.
 The first thing that I noticed about this foundation, and it's main selling point is the longevity. 25 hours may be a tad excessive to have your makeup on for, but I get their point that it lasts all day even without a primer.
One downside to drugstore foundation is that it can be hard to find the correct shade for your skin, but until this particular product I had actually never experienced that problem as my drugstore foundations match me better than my MAC or Estee Lauder foundations. This one, however, is too light for me 100 Ivory which is a little disappointing.
I use this foundation in the evening or if I know there is going to be flash photography as there is no SPF so there will be no flashback in pictures. Not having any sun protection in my foundation isn't something that particularly bothers me as I apply sun cream separately if needed.
I like the coverage of this foundation, I would say it is medium coverage and very easy to build up. I use a Coastal Scent flat kabuki brush and I find, combined with Rimmel Lasting Finish foundation I can achieve an almost airbrush finish. Though the one I currently own is slightly light for me, I am considering buying a shade darker to mix together to create my shade. Definitely one of my favourite matte foundations at only £6.99 from Boots.

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

That you for visiting my blog!
I appreciate all of your comments, and welcome any questions and blog requests that you may have.
Feel free to email me buttonsbows_@hotmail.com
I reply to all comments and emails that I receive :)

© Buttons and Bows X. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig