Wednesday 3 July 2013

Maybelline Colour Sensational Vivid Lipstick - Shocking Coral

If you are a regular on the blogging scene, you would have already heard about these little beauties.  Maybelline released a line of bright matte shade a few months ago and especially in the US people were raving about them.  I have only really gotten to grips with my shade Shocking Coral in the last month as I feel that bright shade are easier to wear in the summer time.
The Vivid lipsticks come in this bright orange neon packing which I love as it brightens up my lipstick drawer and make it so easy to find in a rush.  
The shade that I chose is a bright coral which does have a strong pink undertone.  I love this for nights out, or for that instant pop of colour during the day.
All the shades in this range are matte so are very long lasting on the lips.  They are also really opaque so they do make such an impact on a look.  They do have some what of a creamy texture but because I have such dry lips I do use a lip balm underneath.  If you don't have chapped lips then I don't think you will find them at all drying.
I definitely think these are the most vibrant and pigmented shades available on the UK high street at the moment. Word on the street is that the shade Fushia Flash is a dupe for MAC's Candy Yum Yum, but as I don't own either I can't comment on how true that is.
As I have yellow toned skin I found Shocking Coral to suit me quite well, but there is an amazing bright pink which I think would compliment blondes amazingly.
Maybelline Colour Sensational Vivid lipsticks have been compared to MAC Amplified finish lipsticks (shades and formulation), but at around £7 from Boots, they are the perfect way to add colour into your look this summer.  The only criticism I have is that there is only a small shade range, especially in the UK, I am yet to find the shade Vivid Rose that I know is available in the US, I may need to get Electric Orange instead. I really hope Maybelline bring out some more shades in the summer.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

That you for visiting my blog!
I appreciate all of your comments, and welcome any questions and blog requests that you may have.
Feel free to email me buttonsbows_@hotmail.com
I reply to all comments and emails that I receive :)

© Buttons and Bows X. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig