Friday 8 January 2016

Selfridges Forest Bar and Resturant on the Roof


On the fifth floor, the exclusive lift opens up to a wooden heaven. Dimly lit trees And beautiful passageway make you feel like you have been transported to a real life secret garden. 

When you walk into the cafe you can feel the rustic vibe but it opens out to be less private than I originally thought. I really liked the decor and thought it had been done in good taste. 

As we had booked for afternoon tea I didn't get a chance to look at the regular menu. The afternoon tea menu comprised of regular £20 or fizzy afternoon tea £25. Personally I think this is very reasonably priced for where you are and how full we all were.

The lady reeled off the extensive list of teas Selfridges had to offer, being the adventurous person I am I obviously choose English breakfast. To be honest the table was too small for the 4 of us and for all of the pieces needed to fit on the table. Being peak timing I'm assuming theu have tried to accommodate a few more tables than usual. Having said that it did feel more snug than uncomfortable, so just don't expect a lot of space.  

The afternoon tea consisted of a pot of tea each with a bottle of milk to share . A three tier cake stand between two people with various sandwiches and cakes including a brioche chicken roll, salmon sandwich, apple tart (decorated with cress), banana bread with honeycomb and a strawberry macaron. There was also a tray of scones, very dough like almost like cakes, and enough for two each. Clotted cream and raspberry coulee appeared alongside the tray in very generous sided pots. 

I am so pleased we went as I did really enjoy it. I think I feel a Christmas tradition starting.
If you have been please tell me what you thought and most importantly, what did the menu contain?
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

That you for visiting my blog!
I appreciate all of your comments, and welcome any questions and blog requests that you may have.
Feel free to email me buttonsbows_@hotmail.com
I reply to all comments and emails that I receive :)

© Buttons and Bows X. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig