Monday 20 January 2014

Boots 24 Days of Beauty Treats Advent Calender

I posted on December 1st that this year (well last year) I had managed to get my hands on the Boots 24 Days of Beauty treats calender and that I would be posting on Instagram a photograph of what I received each day.  As my Instagram threw a wobbly I wasn't able to post everyday as I had hoped so I thought I would share with you on here a complete look at what I received and whether I think beauty advent calendars are worth the hype and money.
(in no particular order)
Balmi Lip Balm in Coconut
Soap & Glory Clean Girls Body Wash 75ml
Soap & Glory Flake Away Travel Size
Seventeen Supreme Shine Nail Polish in Miami
Boots Salon Care Nail Shine Solution
Umberto Giannini Back Comb in a Bottle 30ml
Vichy Idealia Life Serum 3 ml
Botanics Heat Protection Shine Serum 30 ml
Carmex Pot Original
Seventeen Tattoo Me Eyeliner 
Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation 8ml
Vichy Liftactiv Serum Eyes and Lashes 3ml
17 Blow Out Mascara
Umberto Giannini Pom Pom Band (Hair Tie)
Orly Bonder Basecoat
Nails Inc Porchester Square 4ml
Mavala Nail Polish  in Pure Diamonds 5ml
Mavala Nail Polish  in London 5ml
Boots Nail File
Paco Rabanne Black XS 
Ghost Moonlight
Juicy Couture Couture La La
Nina Ricci Nina
Ghost The Fragrence

I decided to wait until after the Christmas craze to pass before posting this as to be honest I did have mixed feelings.  I really love the idea, who doesn't want a new makeup product each day running up to Christmas? But more importantly I didn't know what to expect as I didn't want to know what was in the calender until I opened the door, all part of the Christmas spirit.  Being such the drugstore lover that I am I have actually used a lot of these products before so I was a little disappointed.  Also I found there there were a lot of nail products (7 in total), perfume samples and Seventeen products. So I think they could have chosen more of a mixed bag of products and brands. 

However, this has not deterred me from beauty advent calenders as there were a couple of things that I have enjoyed that I would not have picked up.  Next year I think I might go for a pricier calender with more of a chance of finding new things.

The Boots 24 Days of Beauty Treats retailed for £30 and I think is well worth it if you do not dive into the drugstore that often or if you just want the excitement of Christmas everyday leading up the big 25th but without spending a lot of money.

Let me know your thoughts on  this calender or any others that you tried this Christmas.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

That you for visiting my blog!
I appreciate all of your comments, and welcome any questions and blog requests that you may have.
Feel free to email me buttonsbows_@hotmail.com
I reply to all comments and emails that I receive :)

© Buttons and Bows X. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig